tejpWriter has always beem my favourite plain-text editor for the Palm OS – many TamsPalm articles were written in it(review of version 3.0). Peter Thorstenson now sent me a new beta of version 3.40 which is scheduled to be released on the 6th of November.
Improvements in this version include:
The 3.40 release is featuring strong encryption of text files and a true HTML 4.01 export of tW Formatted documents. Apart from this, it’s a button release. All Editor buttons are now working and three of the Viewer buttons.
Many bug fixes and an improved memory handling aiming to make it less likely to crash.
New in v3.40:
• HTML 4.01 export of tW Formatted text
• Built-in VFS file manager functions
• AES 256/128 bit CBC encryption
• Automatic import of MS Word documents
• Enhanced font and color selection
• A new mono spaced font
• Analog progress indicator
• Powerful Word Lookup functions
• Viewer Back and Forward navigator
• Viewer TOC button
• tWF, updated text format
• Memo import/export by launching daMemoPad
• AciiPopDA launcher
In addition, the backspace bug I have encountered on my Treo 600 is said to be fixed, too!
You can download tejpWriter 3.40 here.
Please tell me what you think! Bugs, etc can be posted as comments here – Peter Thorstenson reads TamsPalm and will find them for sure!