The infinite wait for the vaporware-of-the-year aka Palm Treo 700p ROM update is finally over – for Sprint users. Palm has posted an update onto its web site – it contains the following improvements:
* Performance improvements to phone application
* System improvements to minimize skipping during music playback and eliminate audio delays experienced on some games
* Performance improvement to minimize delays experienced when loading Blazer® browser
* Support for new daylight savings time legislation, plus a simplified Date/Time preference panel
* Increased expansion card support including 4GB SD cards and SDHC cards
* Resolution of certain “wake up” issues that may occur with certain third party push email solutions
* Improved handling of SMS messages to lessen stalling of messages.
* For customers using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP 2 and above, an update to VersaMail® client now includes an update to Microsoft® Exchange ActiveSync® which adds Microsoft’s Direct Push Technology for push email, calendar and contacts. Also adding other EAS functionality such as remote wipe, policy support, and global address lookup
Bluetooth® wireless technology enhancements:
* Increases list of supported/compatible Bluetooth wireless carkits, including BMW and Toyota/Lexus (Denso)
* Improves overall user experience with supported Bluetooth wireless carkits and headsets (e.g. allow user to manually connect / disconnect to a Bluetooth device)
* Additional Bluetooth wireless functionality (e.g. audio routing to Bluetooth headset even when wired headset is plugged in)
Get the update here:
Verizon users still have to wait though, and customers of other carriers will not get the update at all according to this page. TreoCentral users have created a post tracking incompatibilities and changes!
Please talk back if it works on your 700p!