Since Palm’s OTA update requires a blank SD card and my PC runs Windows XP, I decided to use the wired update process. I connected my Treo and started the updater – the Treo reset and the updater bickered about ‘no connection’.
A quick check of the error cause revealed that VersaMail was the culprit – thus, a hard reset became necessary. I used Resco Explorer to create the backup(the trial version suffices…altough this is truly a must-have app):
Overall, I currently can’t report any incompatibilities or other problems with my Treo. The device is as reliable and as fast as it has been before; all applications still are compatible. As for battery life, my Treo never had any battery issues; Oliver will have more information on the topic soon!
P.s. The device did NOT get the Centro’s IM tool that apparently was included in AT&T’s update! This is a bit strange…as the unpatched version I was provided worked so well on my Treo 680 that OZ’s legal department felt like sending me some false threats(apparently, the guys didn’t quite understand the concept of press freedom)…