Jan Slodicka has just informed us that the program has been updated to v2.40, which is a free upgrade for everybody owning v2 of the program.
Version 2.40 has received the following upgrades:
Offline article download
- Articles have new download icon – an arrow oriented downwards. (Shortcut ‘d’ works as well.) By pressing this icon the full article is downloaded into the cache and the icon color changes.
- Next press of the download icon opens the local copy of the article.
- To download multiple articles press their download icons. (Even if the download is in progress.)
- Offline articles are downloaded into the image cache. (Note that once the cache gets filled, the oldest items – images or full articles – will be discarded.)
- Use Cache Options to suppress or allow the download of images belonging to the article.
- If you want to open original web article, use the classic way – the application menu.
- The download always uses the skweezer compression: This compression is efficient – substantially reduces the download size.
- The results are mostly satisfactory – usually better than the display of the original article.
- Google compression could not be used as it subdivides the page download into multiple sub-pages.
- Centro compatibility
- Possibility to schedule with 1 minute resolution.
- Web compression: Skweezer stopped working because of the URL change. v2.40 uses the new URL.
A free 14-day trial can be downloaded at Resco’s web site!