Like most new app stores, Palm has chosen to waive all fees for developers who are willing to join in early. Unfortunately, the program is coming to a close – the email below has just been sent out:
We are excited to be heading towards the public launch of the Palm webOS Developer Program in December. Thank you for your interest in webOS and for downloading the Palm® Mojo™ SDK. In preparation for launch, we are now accepting a final batch of developers that would like to submit their applications via our Early Access Program and help us with final scalability testing. This is the last opportunity for developers to get in early, before we open up to the general public.
In consideration to developers who are helping during the test phase and participating in the Early Access Program, we are providing the following opportunities:
* An assigned account manger to expedite feedback for any technical or program issues and manage your application through the review process
* We will waive all program and application fees. Only requirement is a $5 fee to verify your PayPal account, currently used for payments to developers.
* Maximize your application’s visibility and be considered for inclusion in Palm’s marketing activities.
o Featured placements in the application catalog
o Direct marketing campaigns to device owners
o Palm’s website, blogs, and newsletters
o Palm’s launch activities for new device, country launch, etc.
o Opportunities to provide feedback to help shape the program
Developers interested in participating should reply to this e-mail with the following information:
* Your contact information (include name, e-mail, phone)
* Username for webOS developer portal
* For each webOS application you plan to submit, provide the following details:
o App name and description
o Business model for your app (free; paid; ad-supported)
o Palm webOS services with which your app integrates (e.g., location based services, calendar, contacts, notifications/alerts, etc.)
o ipk or representative screen shots of your app
Please review the following recommendations: Human Interface Guidelines, Application Design Checklist, Top Tips for Designing Great webOS Applications.
Upon your reply, you will be assigned an account manager if you are accepted into the program.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Palm Developer Marketing
Palm, Inc. 950 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085
As usual, further information can be found below: